Daniel Defense MK12 Tornado Grey - 18" 5.56mm NATO
Availability: Out of stock
The evolution of the SPR comes home to Daniel Defense in the MK12. Born of necessity, raised in the Army’s Marksmanship Unit and refined to Daniel Defense Mil-Spec+ standards, it is now available.
The MK12 is constructed around an 18-inch Stainless Steel barrel with a chamber created during the Cold Hammer Forging process, which ensures the most precise alignment of the chamber to the bore possible. The MK12 barrel is engineered with a rifle-length direct impingement gas system and utilizes the MK12 gas block, which is built to Crane Specifications for USSOCOM. The MK12 gas block is precision CNC machined from 416 stainless steel and Black Oxide Coated. The rifle is fed with a M16 profile bolt carrier group and uses a Vltor Mod 4 charging handle for ease of operation. The upper receiver is equipped with a free floating DDM4 Rail 12.0 allowing for your choice of optics and accessories and is finished off with a Daniel Defense Improved Flash Suppressor.
The MK12 was designed from the ground up to be a precision rifle, therefore it required certain refinements. We equipped it with the Geissele SSA® 2-Stage Trigger to give the marksman an advantage delivering precise fire to the target. This precision rifle comes finished with Daniel Defense Tornado Cerakote and is furnished with the rugged and comfortable Daniel Defense Buttstock and Pistol grip.
MATERIALS & CONSTRUCTION
- LOWER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Enhanced Flared Magazine Well and Rear Receiver QD Swivel Attachment Point. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- UPPER RECEIVER: Mil-Spec with Indexing Marks and M4 Feed Ramps. CNC Machined of 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BARREL: Proprietary Blend of Stainless Steel, Cold Hammer Forged, 1:7” twist, 18″ MK12 Profile, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- GAS SYSTEM: MK12 Low Profile Gas Block CNC Machined of hardened 416 stainless steel with Black Oxide Coating, Rifle-Length, Direct Impingement
- MUZZLE DEVICE: Daniel Defense Flash Suppressor, 17-4 PH Stainless Steel, Salt Bath Nitride Finished
- BOLT CARRIER GROUP: M16 Profile, Chrome Lined, Properly Staked Gas Key
- BUFFER: H Buffer
- SIGHTS: Sold Separately
- HANDGUARD: Daniel Defense DDM4 Rail 12.0, CNC Machined of 6061-T6 Aluminum
- RECEIVER EXTENSION: 6 Position Mil-Spec 7075-T6 Aluminum
- BUTTSTOCK: Daniel Defense Buttstock, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- PISTOL GRIP: Daniel Defense Pistol Grip, Glass Filled Polymer with Soft Touch Overmolding
- RAIL PANELS: 3 Panels made from Santoprene, heat resistant to 300° F.
- FINISH: Daniel Defense Tornado Cerakote
- Made in the USA!
|Caliber||.223 / 5.56|
|Frame Finish||Tornado Grey|
|Barrel Length (in)||18 in|
|Mag Capacity / Rounds||31rd+|
|Number of Mags||1|
|FFL Requirements||All firearms must be shipped to a Federal Firearms License (FFL) holder. We cannot and will not ship firearms to anyone but a FFL. We must receive the receiving dealer's FFL by fax (314-558-8429) or email (email@example.com).|